Drift is a form of racing that involves cornering efficiently and impressively at the same time. A specific car is required to participate in such competitions. What car can you start your drift adventure with?
Drifting is a form of racing that involves cornering efficiently and effectively at the same time. To participate in such competitions you need a specific car. What car can you start your drift adventure with?
Here are the five most important rules that your first drift car should meet!
- It should be rear-wheel drive – drifters’ cars are rear-wheel drive because it’s easier to get them into a skid. That’s why there are so many BMWs on drift circuits. This is why there are so many BMWs on the drifting circuits.
- Highpower – to get the car out of a controlled skid you need high power and torque. The best drift cars have even several hundred horsepower, but for the beginning you should look for something from 150 hp upwards.
- Drift car must not weigh much – if you want to seriously practice drifting, get rid of upholstery and unnecessary accessories such as radio. Every kilo counts. Some drifters do not even have lights in their cars.
- The car should not be expensive – this is important, because while learning to drift you will probably go off track many times, hitting barriers. You should not invest in a very expensive car, which you will quickly destroy.
- Strong gearbox – finally remember about gear ratio and clutch. Gear shifting is one of the most important points in drifting. Additionally, focus on properly reinforced brakes – especially the handbrake.